At Selv, we believe you should Always Remain Playful - and that includes taking time out to do the fun things you love with the people that you love.
I absolutely love to cook and bake! For years, one of my guilty pleasures has been settling down in an evening after a big day, with a generous glass of wine and allowing myself to be completely immersed in the crisp new pages of the latest delicious magazine. I love to carefully absorb page after page, photo after photo of positively mouthwatering recipes.
And as much as I love trying out new recipes, I also have my list of old faithfuls that I return to time and time again - one of which is my favourite chocolate brownie recipe. This recipe has served me so well over the years, whether it's been for work morning teas, a quick and easy dessert for mid-week dinner parties, or afternoon tea with the girls. (#BonnetDramaSundays were our regular Sunday afternoon debriefs of the weekend, where hangovers were nursed with copious amounts of tea and baked treats and a bonnet drama that inevitably was just background noise to the noisy chatter that filled the room.)
Gooey, chocolate-y, and utterly delicious, this recipe is sure to not disappoint!
- 125g butter
- 125g dark chocolate
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 tbsp cocoa
- Handful of chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 180 degree c.
2. Place butter and chocolate in a saucepan over very low heat. Stir until chocolate and butter have melted and the mixture is just smooth.
3. Place eggs and caster sugar in a bowl and beat until mixture is pale and thick.
4. Fold chocolate mixture, sifted flour, cocoa and chocolate chips through mixture.
5. Pour mixture into a greased 20cm squared tin.
6. Bake in preheated oven for 25 - 30 minutes, or until brownies are set.
In winter, this treat is particularly delightful served warm with ice cream. Enjoy x